Thursday, August 04, 2011

Utah's Great Outdoors

We've been able to do a lot of playing outside lately, 
and after looking through my pictures, 
I can't feel more lucky to be living in beautiful Utah.  

Pioneer Day was spent 4-wheeling 
(yes, I braved it again) 
with my parents 
on Taylor's grandparents property.  

Kind of hard to pick out,
but Taylor carved this tree 
the first time we went camping with Hazel, 
when she was just 3 months old.
'09
TO
CO
HO
Love it!

And last weekend we joined our friends 
at Porcupine Reservoir 
for a camping extravaganza.

Yes, it really was as fun as it looked,
Yes, our food was phenomenal,
Yes, the boys rocked the cliff jumping, 
especially Erik who hurled himself off a bum-puckering cliff
Yes, we really did consider skinny dipping 
until Taylor reminded me 
about the ending of What Lies Beneath,
Yes, I really did laugh until I started snorting,
And yes, this IS going to become an annual event.  
Anyone else want in? 
 
 
Oh Utah,
Land of the Beehive,
How I love thee.

14 comments:

leah jane said...

You got so many cute pictures!! (minus that one of me playing cards. :) And it really was a super fun weekend! Loved it. Also, that orange looks like it exploded cake everywhere. :)

Mary Ann said...

Delicious! Beautiful! Jealous! Fun-packed! Non-stop fun!

Jed and Kera said...

Jed and I are both really sad. It was rough looking through these pictures. :O( We really need to be out there. You guys all look great!

Lithie said...

fun fun fun i loved it allll!! you all look so fabulous! miss you guys. super cute pics! oh the beauties of utah. so much to do in the summer time its the winter time that keeps us indoors! i still cant get over how much hazel has grown and that little penny is tooooo cute!

Alisha said...

I don't think I've ever seen Ron Frost look so happy as he does than on that four wheeler. Good ol' Utah.

Steven and Megan said...

I love living in beautiful Utah too. How fun to have a bunch of friends to go camping with! Looks like a beautiful place.

Unknown said...

OH ME! I want in on this yearly event! :) I definitely love love love all those pictures, this place looks amazing! Glad you all had so much fun!! we miss you all!

Erica said...

I've been thinking, as I do around our anniversary every year, that I should plan a camping trip. YOU TOOK HAZEL WHEN SHE WAS 3 MONTHS? Did she sleep good? I know I wouldn't sleep good and I'd be so worried all night long about Hudsy. I don't even know what that orange roasted thing is but I like it...I want it...
OH why don't I love Utah outdoors as much as everyone else? It looks like so much fun...

April said...

I always have so many thoughts running through my head when I read through your posts. Sorry if my comments seemed scattered. I just love that he carved all your initials in a tree the first time the 3 of you went camping. I also can't believe you took Miss Hazel camping at 3 months old. You two are such a fun family to plan all these fun things always. Where is Taylor's grandparents property? It looks just beautiful. Also, did you guys make muffins with the oranges? That's the only thing I've made with orange skins, and I love them, they're sooooo good, so I'm interested to see if that's what it is.
P.S. You look supeer cute when you camp. I guess it's just natural beauty :) some people have it, and some of us don't.

paige and jord said...

oh man, we miss out on ALL the good times!!!! i bet you guys had such a fun little outing. we miss you guys lots. and that little hazel bug, i could just eat her up!

Sammy said...

That looks like so much fun, what a great group of friends, camping is so fun and you are all so brave to do it with all of those kids! Great pictures and it really is so beautiful up there I LOVE Monte and Porcupine, granted it's been forever since we've been up there. Great fun!

PS did Taylor do that carving when you guys came with us camping?

Mike and Kim said...

It's a good thing you didn't get in another wreck, since I couldn't have helped you from back here in the swampy heat.

Aside from my burning desire to have been there, I really want some of that cobbler.

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

You guys do a lot of fun things. Cool.

hoLLY said...

so much fun!! I love the tree with your initials in it! so cute! & yes beautiful pics!